Become one of Her Sport’s Most Valuable Players (MVPs) and help us level the playing field for girls and women in sport.
DID YOU KNOW..
Just 6% of sports media coverage in Ireland goes to women’s sport, despite the fact that 41% of participants in sport are women. Such levels of under-crediting achievements and starving young people of female role models are unjust. At Her Sport we are committed to challenging the status quo and highlighting our sportswomen to create visibility and give them the recognition they deserve.
PARTICIPATION IN SPORT
By the age of 14 , twice as many girls drop out of sport as boys. By the age of 20, one in two girls will have dropped out of sport. At Her Sport, we are breaking down the barriers that deter women and girls from playing sport.
Research shows that 87% of Irish girls have low self-esteem; which is the lowest globally. Sport is critical for personal development, promoting positive mental and physical health, building confidence and teaching life-long skills. Studies show that the foundation laid by sport can be critical to women’s success in their careers - 94% of women in executive positions played sport.
MVP Membership Benefits
Free Tickets To Sport Events
Exclusive Discounts For Partner Brands
Early Bird Access To Her Sport Events
MVP Only Competitions
Exclusive Her Sport Discounts
Input On Her Sport Products
Name On Her Sport Wall Of Fame
- Join the squad!
- Just €1 a week!
Her Sport’s mission is to use sport as a tool to foster gender equality and empower girls and women. We aim to educate, empower and inspire girls and women to achieve their full potential.
We were founded due to the clear underrepresentation of women’s sport in the media. The statistics are startling.
- Just 6% of sports media coverage in Ireland goes to women’s sport, despite the fact that 41% of participants in sport are women.
- Twice as many girls drop out of sport by the age of 14 as boys. By the age of 20, one in two girls will have dropped out of sport.
- 87% of Irish girls have low self-esteem; the lowest globally.
We challenge barriers women in sport face through:
(1) Engagement with our loyal digital community, producing daily media content including videos, podcasts, newsletters and social media content.
(2) Educational workshops with schools, colleges, clubs and businesses, as we provide the tools to positively impact cultural and societal change.
(3) Sale of Her Sport merchandise; Wear products with purpose, knowing that all profits go to supporting and promoting women in sport.We use our Her Sport merchandise to increase brand awareness and to start conversations around equality in sport.
We want every girl and women to feel like they belong in sport and have the same opportunity as their male counterparts. To help make this possible, our small team works tirelessly to level the playing field for girls and women in sport. We endeavour to continue to bring free content to all of the Her Sport community. Your contribution ensures our small team can continue to deliver quality journalism and give female athletes the coverage they deserve. It also helps us provide educational workshops in schools and clubs around the country on a variety of important subjects.
It costs €5 per month or €52 annually to become a Her Sport MVP and join the squad.
It’s easy to cancel your subscription. In order to cancel your subscription, simply navigate to ‘Manage Subscription” and click on “Cancel Subscription”. A pop-up window will appear where you can either cancel or continue. Click continue and your subscription will be cancelled.
MVP means Most Valuable Players.
As a Her Sport MVP, you have the opportunity to make a real impact while also connecting with Her Sport at an exclusive level. The money goes straight back into creating visibility through high quality journalism and allows us to deliver workshops to educate girls, women, parents and coaches to break down the barriers girls and women face in sport.