OUR MISSION IS TO USE SPORT TO EMPOWER, EDUCATE AND INSPIRE GIRLS AND WOMEN TO REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
- Unlock exclusive access to a amazing benefits - all just for the cost of one fancy coffee each month!
- Unlock exclusive access to our amazing benefits while making an impact for just €1 a week!
WHAT WE DO
Just 6% of sports media coverage in Ireland goes to women’s sport. With a lack of visibility and role models of women in sport, girls and women don’t feel they belong in sport. At Her Sport we are creating daily visibility. After all, if you can't see it you can't be it.
Just 7% of teenage girls are meeting the recommended physical activity levels while 50% of women drop out of sport by the age of 20. There is a lack of education amongst teenagers, parents, coaches and administrators of the barriers girls and women face in sport. At Her Sport, we deliver educational workshops to breaking down these barriers and provide these stakeholders with tools to make a differnce.
POWER OF SPORT
Her Sport is tackling gender inequality in sport. Sport is critical for personal development, promoting positive mental and physical health, building confidence and teaching life-long skills. Research shows that 87% of Irish girls have low self-esteem; the lowest globally. Sport has the power to change lives. Studies show that 94% of women in executive managerial positions have played sport.
OUR WORKSHOPS SO FAR..
of participants felt empowered
of students FELT THEY WOULD BE more likely to continue sport
PEOPLE BROUGHT TO WOMEN'S SPORTING EVENTS
MVP Membership Benefits
We want every girl and women to feel like they belong in sport and have the same opportunity as their male counterparts. To help make this possible, we are offering you AMAZING benefits to help us continue to give female athletes the coverage they deserve AND deliver educational workshops in schools and clubs around the country.
Free Tickets To Sport Events
Exclusive Discounts For Partner Brands
Early Bird Access To Her Sport Events
MVP Only Competitions
Exclusive Her Sport Discounts
Input On Her Sport Products
Name On Her Sport Wall Of Fame
Her Sport’s mission is to use sport as a tool to foster gender equality and empower girls and women. We aim to educate, empower and inspire girls and women to achieve their full potential.
We were founded due to the clear underrepresentation of women’s sport in the media. The statistics are startling.
- Just 6% of sports media coverage in Ireland goes to women’s sport, despite the fact that 41% of participants in sport are women.
- Twice as many girls drop out of sport by the age of 14 as boys. By the age of 20, one in two girls will have dropped out of sport.
- 87% of Irish girls have low self-esteem; the lowest globally.
We challenge barriers women in sport face through:
(1) Engagement with our loyal digital community, producing daily media content including videos, podcasts, newsletters and social media content.
(2) Educational workshops with schools, colleges, clubs and businesses, as we provide the tools to positively impact cultural and societal change.
(3) Sale of Her Sport merchandise; Wear products with purpose, knowing that all profits go to supporting and promoting women in sport.We use our Her Sport merchandise to increase brand awareness and to start conversations around equality in sport.
We want every girl and women to feel like they belong in sport and have the same opportunity as their male counterparts. To help make this possible, our small team works tirelessly to level the playing field for girls and women in sport. We endeavour to continue to bring free content to all of the Her Sport community. Your contribution ensures our small team can continue to deliver quality journalism and give female athletes the coverage they deserve. It also helps us provide educational workshops in schools and clubs around the country on a variety of important subjects.
It costs €5 per month or €52 annually to become a Her Sport MVP and join the squad.
You sure can! You can donate any amount you wish here!
It’s easy to cancel your subscription. In order to cancel your subscription, simply navigate to ‘Manage Subscription” and click on “Cancel Subscription”. A pop-up window will appear where you can either cancel or continue. Click continue and your subscription will be cancelled.
MVP means Most Valuable Players.
As a Her Sport MVP, you have the opportunity to make a real impact while also connecting with Her Sport at an exclusive level. The money goes straight back into creating visibility through high quality journalism and allows us to deliver workshops to educate girls, women, parents and coaches to break down the barriers girls and women face in sport.
All MVP’s can access their exclusive membership benefits here!